If you want to have your content appear on the website, whether it’s an announcement, an order of service, a posting about an event, or something else, here are some things you need to know.
- Please submit your content as soon as you are able – two weeks in advance, if possible. Remember that the longer it’s on the website prior to your event, the more people are likely to see it. Also, the Webmaster is not a full-time employee of the church and you can’t expect that there will be an immediate turnaround of any website-content tasks.
- Use the Congregational Event Communication Submission Form. This form can help you remember what information to include.
- Include all the information necessary. For example, for an order of service, include the names of the coordinator, tech team, speakers, etc. Include start/stop times for a live event, and so on.
- If you want a PDF file posted, please make the effort to create it as accessible as you are able. Here’s an article to help you get started.
- If you send the Webmaster a poster for an event and it’s a picture or PDF, please include the text that’s in the poster separately (otherwise she has to extract it from the PDF file, or type it out by hand).
- If you want to include contact information, there are a few options.
- The best is to ask the Webmaster to create a contact form for your committee and include that. This hides the email from the greater internet and protects it from phishing.
- The second-best is to provide a committee or UU Winnipeg personal email address for the Webmaster to use. If you are a committee chair, you should have a UU email for your committee and for yourself. If you don’t know what this is, contact the Webmaster.
- In general, personal email addresses and personal phone numbers should not be on the website. As a side note, they also shouldn’t be in the Communicator. Remember, the Communicator is on the website and is available for anyone.
If you have questions or comments, please contact the Webmaster.