The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg is a signatory to the Winnipeg Indigenous Accord, but that is but one step toward truth and reconciliation. Please join members of the UU Church Covenant Group as they relate what truth and reconciliation means to them.
Coordinators: Steve Lennon, Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Working Toward Truth and Reconciliation
April 10, 2022
A Covenant Group of the First UU Church of Winnipeg
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“It always comes back to the same necessity: go deep enough and there is a bedrock of truth, however hard.”
– May Sarton
292 If I Can Stop One Heart from Breaking
Connected through the Web of Life, by Jennifer Gracen, read by Janet Toews
Words by Anne Peart, read by Pat Lane
“Love is the Spirit,” arranged by P. J. Buchan
#446 from the Hymnal, To the Four Directions
- East: Cheryl Simmonds
- South: Shar Lynn
- West: Janet Toews
- North: Colleen Millikin
Sharing and Caring
We are, each of us, grateful for the celebrations and concerns to be shared with us today. May the strength we gain through this sharing help us create a feeling of hope and courage in the lives of those around us, and in our own lives. So may it be.
1069 Ancient Mother
Adapted from Learning the Grammar of Animacy, from Braiding Sweetgrass, Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer, read by Shar Lynn
Our Share-the-Plate partner for April is West Broadway Youth Outreach, Inc.
Now That the Buffalo’s Gone, by Buffy Sainte-Marie
134 Our World Is One World
from Life Meditations by Edward J. Lavin, read by Jill Moats
121 We’ll Build a Land
Words by Jean M. Rickard, read by Debby Lake
Carry the Flame, Janet
Steve Lennon, Return Again, performed by UU Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Members of a Covenant Group of First UU Church of Winnipeg:
- Janet Toews
- Patricia Lane
- Cheryl Simmonds
- Shar Lynn
- Colleen Millikin
- Maxine Hébert
- Jill Moats
- Charlene Zelanko
- Deborah Lake
- Steve Lennon
- and others.
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Team: Melanie Leslie, Marjorie Doyle, Barbara Fuller, Colleen Millikin,
- Sharing and Caring Host: Colleen Millikin
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and
Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
Editor: Josh Robern
To contact the Sunday Services Team, please email: