Affirming the 8th Principle was a milestone in Canadian Unitarian history, but it is not the end of the work we need to engage in as members of a faith that advocates full inclusion, active participation, unbridled love, and deep respect. Historically and currently, UU is a pretty white denomination. That means we have some work to do to create and live our commitment. As individuals, congregations, and as a denomination, we need to take a deep dive into how we understand and interact with the systems of oppression in and around us.
Rev. Victoria Ingram, a white cisgender woman, shares her perspectives on how to get started and stay engaged in this work.
Coordinators: Marian Siemens, Sarah Cummings
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Engaging the Work that White People Need to Do
July 3, 2022
Diversity is a fact. Equity is an opinion. Inclusion is an action. Belonging is an outcome.
~ Inclusion Winnipeg
Heal Us Now, Hazamir Hasharon
1017 Building a New Way
Bringing Us Home to Love, by Frances Koziar
We Have Come Into this of Hope, by Libbie D. Stoddard
Love Is the Spirit
Candles of Caring
We set aside this time of quiet to listen to the spirits of others, to create a space for them within our own hearts, that they might feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. Such is the gift of our hearts. So may it be.
Our Share the Plate partner for July is Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Let it Shine, UU Winnipeg Choir
We are all More Human than Otherwise
123 Spirit of Life
A Prayer for White People
Sermon: Engaging the Work that White People Need to Do
1074 Turn the World Around
We have a Calling in this World, by Jean M. Rickard
Carry the Flame
Who We Are Music Video, The Diversity Movement
Many thanks to:
- Leaders: Rev. Victoria Imgram
- Coordinators: Sarah Cummings, Marian Siemens
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Marjorie Doyle, Arthur Burstow, Norm Cobb, Micheal Thiessen
- Sharing and Caring Host: Paula Wachs
- Songleading Videos: P.J. Buchan, Music Director, Paul Rodermond, Accompanist, and the Winnipeg UU Church Choir
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org