Not fully over the COVID crisis, the world is now plunged into worry about the war in Ukraine. Come join Unitarian Universalists as they reflect their concerns about the safety of people in Ukraine, talk about their connections there, and hope and pray for peace.
Coordinators: Steve Lennon, Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Witnesses Call for Peace in Ukraine
April 17, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“As we are preoccupied with thoughts of war in Ukraine, the Covid-19 epidemic, and seemingly unending snow, it is easy to forget about Easter. I did that when I chose this Sunday for a service about Ukraine. But nature does not forget. We say in Winnipeg that the first sign of spring is a puddle. By that measure spring has already come.”
– Carolyn Garlich
I Wish I Knew How performed by the First Unitarian Universalist Church Choir
159 This Is My Song
Words from the UUA’s 2010 Creating Peace, Statement of Conscience, read by Cate Ziegler
Teach your children read by Adina Lyon
Love is the Spirit, arranged by P. J. Buchan
155 Circle ‘Round for Freedom
Sharing and Caring
The journeys of our lives have brought us this morning to this place, to be here together. May we listen to one another with open hearts and reach out to one another with caring, and with love. So may it be.
1054 Let This Be a House of Peace
Our Share-the-Plate partner for April is West Broadway Youth Outreach, Inc.
The Gift of Love performed by the First Unitarian Universalist Church Choir
Cate Ziegler reads words from Buddhist Metta Bhavana’s Lovingkindness Prayer
Rev. Claire Nimmagadda
1057 Go Lifted Up
Words by Mark L. Belletini, from 686 in our Hymnal, read by Carolyn Garlich
Carry the Flame, Cate Ziegler
Steve Lennon, Return Again, performed by UU Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Michael Thiessen, Margaret Friesen, Joe Matula, Rev. Claire Nimmagadda, Cate Ziegler, Adina Lyon, Carolyn Garlich, and the Social Justice/Green Action Team
- Coordinators: Dylan Fijal, Steve Lennon
- Sharing and Caring Host: Paula Wachs
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Melanie Leslie, Janet Toews, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Editor: Josh Robern
To contact the Sunday Services Team, please email: email@example.com