Our November theme is non-violence. While the term is often used in social justice contexts, during this service we will explore how we might apply non-violence to our ecological justice as well. Our jumping off point will be Nick Offerman’s new book about contemplating our relationships with nature and conservation.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Where the Deer and the Antelope Play
November 7, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“The world needs our activity, our doing, and our care.” — Philip Simmons
Rocky Mountain Suite (Cold Nights in Canada), John Denver
164 The Peace Not Past Our Understanding
“Chalice of the Earth and Sun,” Steve Lennon
by Michael Stark
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
We pause to reflect on our week, to think of changes and challenges that lay ahead. And, as we share what is in our hearts and support each other along the way, we are all strengthened.
15 The Lone Wild Bird
Share the Plate
Andy Russo, Pulford Community Living Services
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Who’s Gonna Stand Up?, Neil Young
Excerpt from “Where the Deer and the Antelope Play,” Nick Offerman
Rev. Meghann Robern
100 I’ve Got Peace Like a River
Excerpt from “Becoming Animal: An Earthly Cosmology,” David Abram
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
163 For the Earth Forever Turning
by John O’Donohue
Carry the Flame
Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology), Marvin Gaye
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern and Steve Lennon
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Colleen Millikin, and Odell Havsdotter
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director/accompanist; PJ Buchan, past Music Director; and the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org