Welcome to Liz and Rev. Anne from the UU Hysterical Society! From their website: “Religion isn’t just about belief…or theology, or the principles we affirm and promote. Religion is also about culture. It’s the song you sing to your kid when they cry, the story that everyone knows but still wants to hear retold, and the in-joke that makes us all exchange glances. Culture is created and propagated in many ways. This is ours.”
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
When Language Blooms
August 15, 2021
“The development of language is part of the development of the personality, for words are the natural means of expressing thoughts and establishing understanding between people.”
~ Maria Montessori
They Will Come – Rise of Skywalker by John Williams
Hymn 170 We are a Gentle Angry People
A Symbol of Learning and Love by Elizabeth Harding
The Word Party by Richard Edwards
Love Is The Spirit
Generosity Bends the Road, as retold by Faye Mogensen
Andrea James, DLFD
Candles of Caring
We pause to reflect on our week, to think of changes and challenges that lay ahead. And, as we share what is in our hearts and support each other along the way, we are all strengthened.
Hymn 1031 Filled with Lovingkindness
A Covenant Invites Relationship by Lisa Ward
Hymn 1054 Let This be a House of Peace
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy.
Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Peace and Purpose – The Last Jedi by John Williams
When Language Blooms by Rev. Anne Barker and Liz James
Benediction for a People in Pandemic by Anya Sammler-Michael
Carry the Flame
Why Can’t the English – My Fair Lady by Alan Jay Lerner, Frederick Loewe
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Anne Barker, Liz James, Andrea James DLFD
- Coordinator: Odell Havsdottir, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Host: Doreen Stroud, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Colleen Milikin, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Bonnie Thiessen, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the SunServ Team please email email@example.com