After a year and a half of a global pandemic, we’ve all experienced our lives changing, shifting, even upending. We’ve also learned how the people in our communities have reacted. Steve and Rev. Meghann will share some of their own experiences and what they’ve learned, and invite you all to share your own learnings in our breakout rooms after the service.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Share your own candle of caring on future Sundays by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before 9am Sunday morning. Be sure to let us know if you do not wish to have your candle shared with Our Caring Community Email Group.
What I’ve Learned During A Pandemic
August 8, 2021
“This virus is creating new ways for everyone to think of how to keep your family and friends safe. We are in uncharted territory and we will all learn together.”
~ Christin Gigstad
Hymn 1031 Filled with Loving Kindness
by Anne Peart
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
Let us find within ourselves that quiet place as we turn our hearts and minds to caring for each other. May we be responsive and supportive, and may we honour that which is entrusted to us with love and compassion. This is our ministry of listening.
Hymn 1029 Love Knocks and Waits for Us to Hear
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy.
Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Hymn 1008 When Our Heart is in a Holy Place
Rev. Meghann Robern
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Hymn 1014 Answering the Call of Love
Our task this week as Unitarian Universalists:
To keep well – physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually;
To remain connected – with family, with friends and community;
To affirm our faith in the small but essential actions
Which make our world a better one;
To be true to love,
Till we meet again.
~ by Steve Lennon
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Speakers: Rev. Meghann Robern, Steve Lennon
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Hosts: Marjorie Doyle, Janet Toews
- Chat Moderator: Janet Toews
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the First UU Winnipeg Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com