International Day of Persons with Disabilities is Dec 3rd. This year, as the AIM team is focusing on dementia, we welcome Nicole McDonald who is the Dementia-Friendly Community Program Manager for the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba.
Learn about how we can be a more dementia-friendly community. Enjoy a heartwarming wisdom story. Check out the activities that our children and youth will be doing on this theme. Join us for a question and answer in the dining room after church.
Service Coordinator: Octavia MacIsaac
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
In every person there lies the ability to awe and inspire
All of You Is Welcome Here, by Annika Winberg
#95 There Is More Love Somewhere
Octavia MacIsaac and Paula Keirstead
Love Is the Spirit, music written by PJ Buchan
The Rainbow Rocket by Fiona Tinwei, read by Sara Allen
Sing and Rejoice
Singing the children to RE
Sharing and Caring
#226 People Look East
Our Share the Plate Partner for December is Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba (MDAM). It is a self-help organization dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy for those living with mental health illnesses through peer support and other services.
The offering will be gratefully received, both right now, and continuing when our stream ends. To donate via e-transfer/Interac use firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge. You can also send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/give/
performed by Daniel Clark
#1013 Open My Heart
Note: We will begin recording the sermon following the Meditation, with apologies for the interruption of the voice of Zoom.
Introduction to Nicole McDonald
Welcoming All, by Nicole McDonald
#1053 How Could Anyone
Carry the Flame
Transition for Breakout Rooms
Arthur Burstow (Zoom only)
Gratitude to all who helped make this service happen:
- Leaders: Nicole McDonald and Accessibility and Inclusion Ministry (AIM) Team
- Coordinator: Octavia MacIsaac
- Coordinator Lifespan Religious Education (CLRE): Ana Gabriela Castaneda Aguilera
- Pastoral Care Coordinator: Andre Vanderstoep
- Music Director: Joseph Nguyen
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Simer Kaur, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Music for Affirmation: Composed by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up/Maintenance: Michael Thiessen
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Website Support: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershilll
To contact SunServ (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com
Want to help setting up on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.
Please refrain from taking photographs and making recordings during and after the service without the express permission of the people involved. Also, please turn off electronic devices during the service. Thank you.