Service Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
Sermon text: Vulnerable Love- Rev Ren McFadyen March 5, 2023
(copyright 2023: Please obtain permission before posting or reproduction in whole or large part; short quotes may be used citing the author- firstname.lastname@example.org )
Order of Service
March 5, 2023, 10:30 am
The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility.
~ Paul Coelho
“Don’t Know Much” by Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil and Tom Snow, performed by Daniel Clark
#325 Love Makes A Bridge
By Ben Soule, read by Rev. Ren Rhoe McFadyen, chalice lit by Cate Ziegler
By Mia Mingus, read by Rev. Ren Rhoe McFadyen
Love Is The Spirit
Sing and Rejoice
Singing children down to their rooms
Sharing and Caring
Led by a member of the Pastoral Care Team
As we set aside this time for quiet, may we hear the heart-felt whisperings of our spirit, and also that of others. May those who share from their hearts today feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. May we all feel uplifted by words of comfort, and be supported by the presence of our caring community.
“There is Love” by Elizabeth Norton
#391 Voice Still and Small; introduced by Cate Ziegler Words: by Rev. Naomi King, read by Rev. Ren Rohe McFadyen
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
- Donate via e-transfer/Interac. In the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge.
- Donate through Canada Helps
- Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Crescdent, Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
- To see these options later, visit our Donate page
Share the Plate Partner for March is Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities
“Hey There”, by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross; arr. by Dan Coates performed by Daniel Clark
“Reversals of Fortune” (from Spilling the Light: Meditations on Hope and Resilience by Theresa I. Soto, Skinner House, 2019) read by Rev. Ren Rhoe McFadyen
Vulnerable Love – Rev. Ren Rhoe McFadyen
#1018 Come And Go With Me
By Joseph Cherry, read by Rev. Ren Rhoe McFadyen
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Ren Rohe McFadyen
- Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
- Tech Team: Christina Swindells-Nader, Arthur Burstow,
- Music: Paul Rodermond, Daniel Clark
- Sharing/Caring: Cheryl Simmons
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Chalice Creation: Joanne Kelly
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com