Building a community based on shared values that celebrate diversity of beliefs is one of the hardest things to do. It requires hard work on all our parts about emotional intelligence, healthy boundaries, and learning each other’s philosophical and spiritual languages so we can communicate and share in each other’s lives. Come explore how we might forge a path of justice and mercy in our collaborative vision.
Service Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Vision, Justice, Mercy
February 28, 2021
“To think that we must dispense with all traditional language and symbols is to assume that no human beings were ever before so clever or so profound, or so committed, as we are. […] Our wonder is not our own, but echoes down the history of the whole human race […] Genuine human language is a collective human enterprise.”
— The Rev. Dr. Kendyl Gibbons, UU minister and lifelong Humanist
207 Earth Was Given as a Garden
Love is the Spirit
Candles of Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention and the support of this, our caring community. May it be so.
1031 Filled With Loving Kindness
194 Faith is a Forest
excerpt from “Beyond the Old Paradigm,” The Rev. Amanda Poppei, in Humanist Voices in Unitarian Universalism
The Reverend Meghann Robern
1017 Building a New Way
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern, Andrea James, Nicole McKay
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Marjorie Doyle and Ashlyn Noble, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Odell Havsdotter, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the SunServe Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org