We have once again come to the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere. As we live in the dark and prepare for the light slowly to return, in this service we’ll consider what beginnings, endings, and transitions we each have before us.
Service Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
December 19, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“There is a moment before dawn
when the night is firmly in charge of the sky.
There is no arguing with the opacity that holds
both a fertile imagination and cover of destruction.
Just hold on.”
–The Rev. Theresa Ninán Soto
Something Told the Wild Geese; Esther Kathryn and Pam Hardman, soloists
Hymn 9 No Longer Forward Nor Behind (set to Forest Green)
“We Hold On,” by The Rev. Theresa Ninán Soto, with thanks to The Rev. Leslie Takahashi and the Commission on Institutional Change
“The Rebirth of the Sun” by Starhawk
Love Is The Spirit
Covenant with Pastoral Care Team
Candles of Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention, and the support of this, our faith community. So may it be.
Hymn 51 Lady of Our Season’s Laughter (set to Irby)
Introduction to Thresholds
Rev. Meghann Robern
“A Charm For Hope: A String,” by The Rev. Theresa Ninán Soto
“Hora and Freylich,” Paul Rodermond and Kelvin Seifert, soloists
“Showing up for (F)friend(s),” by The Rev. Theresa Ninán Soto
Our Share the Plate partner for December is Sunshine House, a small community drop-in and resource centre, focusing on inclusion and harm reduction in Winnipeg’s core area. They provide meals, laundry and bathing facilities, harm reduction supplies like syringes and condoms, and a meeting place where people exploring gender and/or sexual identity can gather.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
“The Advice,” by The Rev. Theresa Ninán Soto
Excerpt from “Open Up the Doors,” by The Rev. Lindasusan Ulrich
Hymn 235 Deck the Hall with Boughs of Holly
Words by The Rev. Anne Barker
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern & Marian Siemens
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Marjorie Doyle, Janet Toews, Odell Havsdotter
- Candles of Caring Host: Bonnie Thiessen
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director/accompanist; PJ Buchan, past Music Director; and the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com