Many know the name P.T. Barnum, but few are also aware that he was a lifelong dedicated Universalist. On July 5th, his birthday, we will explore his nuanced and complicated life. What lessons we can learn about ourselves and the difference between our best intentions and our actual impact?
Service Coordinator: Odell Havsdotter
There Is a Place For Us
July 5, 2020
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” —Maya Angelou
Hymn of the Month
66 When the Summer Sun is Shining
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
Candles of Caring
Spirit of Life, help us to sense that beneath us is the strength we need to keep us grounded. Help us to feel that behind us is the protection we need to feel safe facing our fears. Help us to know that before us lies the beauty we seek to feel astounded. Help us become aware of the vastness of our sky and of our spirit, and help us to know that within our hearts lies the love we need to complete the circle of connection in our lives. May we use all of our gifts to bring Love into this hurting world; this world which we so value, which we cherish.
112 Do You Hear?
Share the Plate Testimonial
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for July and August, receiving half of the collection taken each Sunday, is Villa Rosa.
Story In Song
the Reverend Meghann Robern
95 There is More Love Somewhere
Carry the Flame, performed by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for our guest speaker, our staff, and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Meghann Robern, Minister
- Coordinator: Odell Havsdottir, Sunday Services Team
- Zoom Tech Host: Ashlyn Noble
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Lauren Bailey
- Candles of Caring Host: Sarah Cummings, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor