True, beloved, sustainable community requires both commitment and work on the part of everyone. There’s also years of both academic study and direct experience around how family and community systems develop and evolve, and how people can make choices that lead to either health or dysfunction. Revs. Jessica and Meghann will offer what they’ve learned both from experts and their own direct experience.
Coordinator: Pamela Hardman
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
The Work of Community
May 23, 2021
“I went to church thinking it would be like an epidural, that it would take the pain away… but church isn’t like an epidural; it’s like a midwife… I thought faith would say, ‘I’ll take away the pain and discomfort.’ But what it ended up saying was, ‘I’ll sit with you in it.’” ~ Brené Brown
1054 Let This Be a House of Peace
“Connection and Commitment,” The Reverend Cynthia Landrum
“We Are One,” The Rev. Dr. Hope Johnson
Love is the Spirit
Candles of Caring
We set aside this space to honour the human journey with all its peaks and valleys, and the paths in between.
Let us fill this room, this time, with warmth and love as we listen to the heart-felt sharing of fellow travellers in our caring community.
1058 Be Ours a Religion
“I Choose You, I Am Here,” Emma Merchant
318 We Would Be One
Rev. Jessica Clay
354 We Laugh, We Cry
“Be True, Be Well, Be Loving,” The Reverend Cynthia Landrum
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Jessica Clay, Lola Whonnock
- Coordinator: Pam Hardman, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Ashlyn Noble & Lauren Bailey, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Colleen Millikin, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Ashlyn Noble, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org