Questions clarify for us our understanding, cause us to think, and can reveal for us pathways for further inquiry. Asking questions is a spiritual practice that asks us to be vulnerable by admitting we don’t have all the answers as we engage in our free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
This Sunday, we are taking your questions and responding to them from our virtual pulpit with a starting point for further dialogue.
Service Coordinator: Steve Lennon
The Question Box
December 13, 2020
“I never learn anything from talking. I only learn when I ask questions.” – Lou Holtz
Hymn of the Month
43 The Morning, Noiseless
Open to Unexpected Answers by Julianne Lepp
Spirit of Life, Be Present With Us by Kathy A. Huff
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
The Power of Empathy by Dr Brené Brown
Candles of Caring
As we gather in this space as people of faith,With the intention to care for each others’ needs with the gifts we each bring, May we listen to one another, and share each other’s journey, And may we be comforted, strengthened, and enriched.
184 Be Ye Lamps Unto Yourselves
For December, as part of our Share the Plate program, our Social Justice Team has chosen the Winnipeg chapter of Sleep in Heavenly Peace as our community partner. They’re a volunteer organization that builds beds for kids who are sleeping on the floor. Please visit their website to learn more.
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Where Do We Come From? FUUCW Choir
Show Up Hungry by Elizabeth Nguyen
Excerpt from: The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
291 Die Gedanken Sind Frei
Nicole is taking questions and providing her perspective from the pulpit. To ask a question, you can visit www.slido.com and enter the code “FUUCW” In keeping with our covenant of right relations, please include your name with your question.
Cherish Your Doubts by Michael Schuler
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Life’s Too Short To Stay Silent by FUUCW Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Nicole McKay, Andrea James
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Zoom Tech Host: Mel Leslie, Tech Team
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Lise Desrochers, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor