We are a socially engaged community that works collaboratively, compassionately, and urgently for a just society, and for our life-sustaining planet.
How are we doing on this? In response to this question, the speakers will draw on the words of UU minister Rev. Richard S. Gilbert in his book The Prophetic Imperative.
Service coordinators: Steve Lennon and Kelvin Seifert
Special notice: The Annual General Meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m. this afternoon. Use the same Zoom link for the meeting as the one you use to join the Sunday service.
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
The Prophetic Imperative
June 12, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
If you were arrested for being a Unitarian Universalist, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
~ Reverend Henry Meserve
Sing and Rejoice sung by Winnipeg UU Church Choir
298 Wake, Now, My Senses
Steve Lennon, words by Rev. Dr. Cynthia Landrum
Lara Hunter, words by Rev. Robert Fulghum
Love Is the Spirit
Sharing and Caring
Spirit of life, be present with us as we listen to one another. May all who come here today see a welcome face, hear a kind word, and find comfort and compassion in this community. So may it be.
124 Be That Guide
Our Share the Plate partner for June is Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
In The River: A Protest Song by Raye Zaragoza
May Your Life Be as a Song sung by the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Steve Lennon, words from The Prophetic Imperative
1008 When Our Heart Is in a Holy Place
Carolyn Garlich, words from Reverse Prayer of St. Francis
Steve Lennon, Carry the Flame
Steve Lennon, Ode to Joy by Pete Seeger
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leaders: The Social Justice/Green Action Team of the Winnipeg UU Church—Adina Lyon, Lynn Clark, Deborah Lake, Brent Kroeker, Lara Hunter, Carolyn Garlich, Paula Keirstead
- Coordinators: Steve Lennon, Kelvin Seifert
- Tech Team: Colleen Millikin, Marjorie Doyle, Lorie Battershill, Janet Toews, Arthur Burstow
- Sharing and Caring Host: Colleen Millikin
- Songleading Videos: P.J. Buchan, Music Director, Paul Rodermond, Accompanist, and the Winnipeg UU Church Choir
- Sanctuary chalice sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Tech Script Editor: Kelvin Seifert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.