We will explore the new book The Magic of Humanism from Dr. James Croft of the Ethical Society of St. Louis.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
The Magic of Humanism
September 12, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“This is the core of Humanism: the conviction that our only life is this life, our only world is this world, our only hope is each other, and this is enough.”
345 With Joy We Claim the Growing Light
Love Is The Spirit
“The Magnificent Red Bud Tree,” as retold by Faye Mogensen Andrea James, DLFD
Candles of Caring
Let us find within ourselves that quiet place as we turn our hearts and minds to caring for each other. May we be responsive and supportive, and may we honour that which is entrusted to us with love and compassion. This is our ministry of listening.
Memorial Candle for David Candin
1053 How Could Anyone
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
1052 The Oneness of Everything
Rev. Meghann Robern
1057 Go Lifted Up
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Meghann Robern
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Hosts: Andrea James & Rev. Meghann Robern
- Chat Moderator: Colleen Milliken, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, former Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor