Join Jill Moats in a service on the intersection of feminism and gender identity issues.
Service coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
The Intersection of Feminism and Gender Identity Issues
September 4, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Imagine living in a world where we can be all be who we are. Come closer. See how feminism can touch and change your life and all our lives.
~ bell hooks
Bread and Roses, from Pride, 2014
“Come, come, whoever you are,” led by Kelvin Seifert and Barbara Fuller
Chalice Lighting and Opening Words
“Love is the Spirit”
Sharing and Caring
“In this gathering of friends, may we each be ready to extend ourselves to those in need, and with trust, to receive the hand that is offered to us. May our hearts be receptive to love as we give thanks for this time that we share. So may it be.”
We are Sending You Light,” led by Kelvin Seifert
“Summertime” by George Gershwin, played by Kelvin Seifert
And then…” read by Esther Kathryn
#1053 “How could anyone ever tell you?”
“Born This Way,” sung by the Eastminster United Church Choir
“Carry the Flame”
“Wonderland,” by Coco Love Alcorn
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Jill Moats
- Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Host and Chat Moderator: Ashlyn Noble, and Marjorie Doyle, Tech Team
- Sharing and Caring Host: Colleen Millikin, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, former Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com