Sometimes religion is like romance. We idealize our religious communities and then find ourselves deeply disappointed when they fail to measure up to the ideals we have projected onto them. While church may be one of the places where we nurture our highest ideals, expecting perfection will inevitably lead to disappointment. We may do better to accept our foibles, forgive ourselves, and aspire for growth and improvement
Service Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Order of Service
In the pursuit of perfection, I forgot I was already enough
~ Caroline George
Song Without Words ‘Retrospection’ by Felix Mendelssohn, performed by Daniel Clark
#38 Morning Has Broken, accompanied by Daniel Clark
May the Love Which Overcomes, by Frederick E Gillis, read by Cate Ziegler
This House by Kenneth L. Patton, read by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
Love Is The Spirit
The Foxes Hold a Meeting, told by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
Sing and Rejoice
Singing children down to their rooms
Sharing and Caring
Let us be grateful for this time together as we listen to the celebrations and concerns shared with us today. May the strength we gain through this sharing help us create a feeling of hope and courage in the lives of those around us, and in our own lives. So may it be.
#1058 Be Ours A Religion, accompanied by Daniel Clark
The Blessings of Imperfection by G. Peter Fleck, read by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
#1012 When I Am Frightened, accompanied by Daniel Clark
Amid All the Noise by Timothy Haley, read by Cate Ziegler
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Our Share the Plate partner for June is Rossbrook House. Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
- Donate via e-transfer/Interac. In the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge.
- Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Crescdent, Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
- To see these options later, visit our Give page.
Lily Queen by Scott Joplin, performed by Daniel Clark
The Ideal Church and Other Mythical Places by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
#6 Just As Long As I Have Breath, accompanied by Daniel Clark
The Wholeness of Our Lives by Kathleen McTigue, read by Rev. Stefan Jonasson
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Stefan Jonasson
- Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Colleen Millikin
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up and Maintenance: Michael Thiessen, Jim Gardiner, Norm Cobb, and others
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds and others
- Music for Affirmation: written by P.J. Buchan
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershill
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org