They used to say (maybe still do) that it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind, but really, it’s everyone’s. Let’s explore the many ways and means, pros and even some cons, of changing our minds.
Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
The Courage to Change Our Mind
May 29, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.
~ Viktor E. Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
Your Life is Now, John Mellancamp
1010 We Give Thanks
Chalice Lighting and Opening Words
Exploring Who We Are by Melanie Davis, read by Charlene Zelanko
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
In this gathering of friends, may we each be ready to extend ourselves to those in need, and with trust, to receive the hand that is offered to us. May our hearts be receptive to love as we give thanks for this time that we share. So may it be.
6 Just as Long as I Have Breath
Our share-the-plate partner for May is Safe Housing and Directed Empowerment, Inc.
What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
A Universe of Possibilities by Jill Tarter, read by Charlene Zelanko
1017 Building a New Way
Holding Reality and Possibility Together, by Samuel Trumbore, read by Marian Siemens
The Courage to Change Our Mind, Charlene Zelanko
108 My Life Flows on in Endless Song (How Can I Keep from Singing)
Go Boldly, read by Charlene Zelanko
Marian Siemens, Courage to Change – Sia
Gratitude to all who made this service happen!
- Leader: Charlene Zelanko
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Tech Team: Marjorie Dole, Christina Swidells-Nader
- Sanctuary Tech Team: Michael Thiessen, Jim Gardiner. Norm Cobb
- Sharing and Caring Host: Cheryl Simmonds
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org