It is important to spend time nurturing our spirit, and always doing the work of knowing who we are. Following these “stars of truth” about our ourselves on the inside helps us navigate to our own truths about how to be in beloved community with those around us.
Stars of Truth
May 10, 2020
“[W]e can all make room for people to live with integrity. We can honour what our insides tell us about who we are, whether or not other people are good at listening. And we can get better at listening, so that our friends and the people we meet have an easier time being authentic with us.” — the UU Church of the Larger Fellowship
Hymn of the Month
344 A Promise Through the Ages Rings
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
Candles of Caring
The journey of our lives have brought us this morning to this place, to be here,
together. What a miracle this is to share these moments and to be nourished by each
otherʼs presence. May we approach this time with gratitude and hope. So may it be.
286 A Core of Silence
293 O Star of Truth
“Nurturing the Spirit” from the UU Church of the Larger Fellowship
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for May, receiving half of the collection for the first four Sundays of the month, is the Autism Society of Manitoba.
the Rev. Meghann Robern
297 The Star of Truth
Carry the Flame, performed by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for staff and lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Meghann Robern, Minister
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Zoom Tech Host and Story Wisdom: Andrea James, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Carol Lindsey, Lifespan Faith Development Assistant