We are bombarded with messages to “move forward” and that we need to “pivot” in these challenging pandemic times. Do we need closure in order to do that? Let’s explore physical and spiritual renewal.
Service coordinators: Dylan Fijal, Odell Havsdotter
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Becoming CEO of Your Own Personal Renewal Corporation
January 30, 2022
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Here is the only place and now is the only moment in which to look for how to live who and what you are. Oriah Mountain Dreamer
Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds
55 Dark of Winter
Journey by Steve Lennon
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
Let us be grateful for this time together as we listen to the heart-felt messages shared with us today. May the strength we gain through this sharing help us create hope and courage in the lives of those around us and in our own lives. May it be so.
391 Voice Still and Small
This is the 5th Sunday of the month of January, so our share the plate offering will go to support the minister’s discretionary fund.
To donate via e-transfer/Interac use email@example.com. In the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/donate/
You’ll Never Walk Alone performed by Young People’s Chorus of New York City
Reading from The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
291 Die Gedanken Sind Frei
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the video meditation.
Heather Emberley: Societal Bereavement: Becoming CEO of Your Own Personal Renewal Corporation
298 Wake Now My Senses
Words by Steve Lennon
Carry the Flame
Bridge Over Troubled Water performed by Young People’s Chorus of New York City
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Heather Emberley, Michael Thiessen (Story time)
- Coordinators: Odell Havsdotter and Dylan Fijal
- Tech Team: Colleen Milikin, Barbara Fuller, and Lorie Battershill
- Candles of Caring Host: Colleen Milikin
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director and accompanist; the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org