Our traditional first service of the new year will feature UU wordsmiths and their poems that inspire and send us soaring.
Service Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
My whole life, my family life is built around my writing. It’s just such a great way of being in the world.
― Winnipeg writer and poet, Ariel Gordon
Chanson Pensive by A. Gretchaninoff, performed by Daniel Clark
#44 We Sing of Golden Mornings
words by Steve Lennon, read by Cate Ziegler
Flurries, by Steve Lennon
Love Is the Spirit, music written by PJ Buchan
Sharing and Caring
with Andre Vanderstoep, Pastoral Care Coordinator
#128 For All That Is Our Life
Our Share the Plate Partner for January is Art City. Art City is a community art centre that offers high-quality, free-of-charge art programming to those who need or wish to express themselves creatively. There is no need to register, simply drop in.
Find out more at https://artcityinc.com/.
The offering will be gratefully received, both right now, and continuing when our stream ends. To donate via e-transfer/Interac use firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge. You can also send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/give/
Three Folksongs from the County Csik, by Bela Bartok, performed by Daniel Clark
from Snow by Archibald Lampman, read by Cate Ziegler
words by Steve Lennon, conducted by Cate Ziegler
#352 Find a Stillness
Note: We will begin recording the poets following the Hymn, with apologies for any interruption by the voice of Zoom.
UU Poets and Poetry
Introduction by Steve Lennon
Intro to Roger Rochester (Steve), then Roger Rochester video
Intro to Shirley Kitchen (Steve), then Shirley Kitchen
Intro to Robert Malo (Steve), then Robert Malo
Intro to Cate Ziegler (Steve), then Cate Ziegler
Intro to Steve Lennon (Steve), then Steve Lennon
#123 Spirit of Life (sung through twice)
The Perfect Time by Vicki Dello Joio, Qigong Master, read by Steve Lennon
with Cate Ziegler, Carry the Flame
Transition for Breakout Rooms
Arthur Burstow (Zoom only)
Gratitude to all who helped make this service happen:
- Service Leaders: Roger Rochester, Shirley Kitchen, Robert Malo, Cate Ziegler, Steve Lennon
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Music Director: Joseph Nguyen
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Pastoral Care Coordinator: Andre Vanderstoep
- Religious Education: Ana Gabriela Castaneda Aguilera (Coordinator of Lifespan Religious Education), Paulina Hernandez (childcare provider), Debby Lake
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Simer Kaur, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Music for Affirmation: Composed by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up/Maintenance: Michael Thiessen
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Website Support: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershilll
To contact SunServ (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com
Want to help setting up on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.
Please refrain from taking photographs and making recordings during and after the service without the express permission of all people involved. Also, please turn off electronic devices during the service. Thank you.