There is a huge difference between being a “snitch” and speaking up when experiencing or witnessing harm. It’s also important to recognize that harm can come from words and attitudes as much as physical attacks. We will celebrate our child dedication ritual, and explore how good boundaries that centre those who have been harmed can lead to restorative justice and healing for all, of any age, including those of us who have done harm.
Service Coordinators: Marian Siemens & Pamela Hardman
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Snitches & Stitches
April 11, 2021
“Accountability is a radical form of love, y’all, it ain’t punishment.” — Desiree Lynn Adaway
404 What Gift Can We Bring
by The Reverend Meghann Robern
We gather this morning in worship, one congregation made from many lives, holding each other in joys and in sorrows.
We gather to celebrate our differences, to learn from each other, to live into the promise that we are better together.
We gather to create community that sustains itself by using the power of love and understanding, both in times of conflict and in times of peace.
We gather this morning, so that we may always remember — even when we hide ourselves away behind a door, there will always be someone who loves us knocking on the other side, calling us back to our best selves.
Welcome to this sacred time in this gathered community.
Love is the Spirit
We have received you into this community once before, and we reaffirm our welcome and embrace today. We rededicate ourselves to you, to nourish your growth in body and spirit, to provide examples of faithful living for you, and to support your spiritual development in the principles of our Unitarian Universalist faith.
Candles of Caring
We set aside this space to honour the human journey with all its peaks and valleys, and the paths in between. Let us fill this room, this time, with warmth and love as we listen to the heart-felt sharing of fellow travellers in our caring community.
1029 Love Knocks and Waits for Us to Hear
Share the Plate Testimonial
159 This Is My Song
The Reverend Meghann Robern
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern, Andrea James
- Coordinators: Marian Siemens and Pam Hardman, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Marjorie Doyle, Ashlyn Noble, & Lauren Bailey, Tech Team
- Chat Moderators: Odell Havsdotter, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com