Climate resilience means we must learn to provide for our essential needs without fossil fuels. Curt Hull, Project Manager at Climate Change Connection, investigates how we might farm, heat all our buildings, and move goods and people sustainably with the help of Manitoba’s abundant renewable electricity.
Service Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
A forum on Pathways to Zero Carbon Buildings follows the service at noon CDT.
Join the Service with Zoom
>> Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Order of Service
“Like tiny seeds with potent power to push through tough ground and become mighty trees, we hold innate reserves of unimaginable strength. We are resilient.”
~ Catherine DeVrye, The Gift of Nature
When Our Heart Is In A Holy Place by Joyce Poley, sung by UU Church Choir, directed by Paul Rodermond, accompanied by Daniel Clark
#175 We Celebrate the Web of Life
Remembering Our Unity by Katie R. Griffin, read by Cate Ziegler
Applied Hope by Amory Lovins, read by Adina Lyon
Love Is The Spirit
Singing Children Downstairs
Sing and Rejoice
Sharing and Caring
The journeys of our lives have brought us this morning to this place, to be here together and to listen to one another’s joys and sorrows and concerns. May we approach this time we share with gratitude and hope, and be nourished by each other’s presence. So may it be.
#128 For All That Is Our Life
Beginners, by Denise Levertov, read by Carolyn Garlich
The Call of the Loon, by Marilyn Hamm, sung by UU Church Choir
On Broken Hearts by Thomas Rhodes, read by Cate Ziegler
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Our Share The Plate partner for April is Climate Change Connections.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the gray hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
Dawn, and, Canon, each by Bela Bartok, played by Daniel Clark
Road to Resilience, by Curt Hull, Project Director, Climate Change Connections. Curt is introduced by Peter Miller
#300 With Heart and Mind
May We Have A Wisdom, by Jacob Trapp, read by Cate Ziegler
Carry the Flame
Circle of Life, by Elton John, played by Daniel Clark
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Curt Hull, Climate Change Connection, and the UU Green Action/Social Justice Team
- Coordinator: Cate Ziegler
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader, Arthur Burstow
- Chat Moderator: Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Cheryl Simmons
- Music Director: Paul Rodermond, Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Music for Affirmation: written by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Hospitality Team
- Greeter: Hospitality Team
- Set Up and Maintenance: Hospitality Team
- Hospitality: Hospitality Team
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershill
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com