As part of the interdependent web of all beings, we recognize and affirm that a healthy Earth is not an option – it is a necessity. What began as a revolution 50 years ago has now turned into a global observance of Earth Day. We continue our commitment to this much needed restoration through listening and connecting with the wisdom of Earth-centered traditions and science. This work is our collective responsibility.
Service Coordinator: Odell Havsdotter
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Restore the Earth
April 18, 2021
Me: Why am I alive?
Old Woman: Because everything else is.
Me: No. I mean the purpose.
Old Woman: This is the purpose. To learn about your relatives.
Me: My family?
Old Woman: Yes. The moon, stars, rocks, trees, plants, water, insects, birds, mammals. Your whole family. Learn about that relationship. How you’re moving through time and space together. That’s why you’re alive.
Richard Wagamese, Embers: One Ojibway’s Meditations
Ta’kaiya Blaney – Shallow Waters
404 What Gift Can We Bring
Words by John Lame Deer
Call to Prayer by UN Environment Programme
Love is the Spirit
Salmon Forest by David Suzuki
Candles of Caring
To troubled hearts and to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry.
To stories that need to be heard, we offer the care of our attention.
To the blooming of lives and to their ending, we open our hearts.
This time we make sacred by a simple act we all know – we minister by listening.
1069 Ancient Mother
N’we Jinan – Bell Coola, We are Medicine
Words by Chief Seattle
203 All Creatures of the Earth and Sky
A Prayer of Sorrow and A Prayer for Healing – UN Environment Programme
Salmon Boy told by Lola Whonnock
163 For the Earth Forever Turning
A Prayer of Gratitude – UN Environment Programme
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Ta’kaiya Blaney – Earth Revolution
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Lola Whonnock, Nicole McKay
- Coordinators: Odell Havsdotter, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Mel Leslie, Tech Team
- Chat Moderators: Odell Havsdotter, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene SchellenbergPastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com