We will examine what it means to renew and regenerate our commitment to our fourth principle in light of everything we are dealing with at the beginning of 2022. What does it mean to be free in our search, and what does it mean to be responsible in our search? There will be opportunities for attendees to share their perspective on this topic with others.
Service coordinators: Marian Siemens, Paula Wachs
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Renewing Our Free and Responsible Search for Truth and Meaning
January 9, 2022
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“Life without liberty, is a life not lived, and life without truth, is a life not understood.”
― Abhijit Naskar, Monk Meets World
2 Minute Guitar Music, Instrumental Background Music by Meditation Music Official
Gathering Hymn 55 Dark of Winter
The Chalice is a Symbol
We are Unitarian Universalists
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
We set aside this time of quiet to listen to the spirits of others, to create a space for them within our own hearts, that they might feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. Such is the gift of our hearts. So may it be.
123 Spirit of Life
Our Share the Plate partner for January is Wahbung Abinoonjiaag
Wahbung Abinoonjiaag’s programs are based on the wisdom of Elders, Caregivers and Professionals who worked in the field of family violence. The name itself when translated to the English language means, “Children of Tomorrow”. The programs are unique in their service delivery approaches which incorporate traditional teachings gifted to the people from the variety of indigenous nations’ ancestral heritages that exist on Turtle Island. These cultural aspects are reflective of the urban and rural First Nations communities found within Manitoba and were contributed to by those visitors from other territories who call the Winnipeg region home.
To donate via e-transfer/Interac use email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
Click here to donate through Canada Helps: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/first-unitarian-universalist-church-of-winnipeg-inc
Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/donate/
Where is Our Holy Church
Devotion to Humanity
108 My Life Flows On in Endless Song
O Deep Mystery of our lives
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
1057 Go Lifted Up
Carry the Flame
We Are the Cosmos by Keith Mesecher
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Odell Havsdottir
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens and Steve Lennon
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Janet Toews and Lori Lewis
- Candles of Caring Host: Ashlyn Noble
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director and accompanist; the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org