Practical Mental Health Strategies for Coping Well
Many of us are just doing okay or are struggling during this pandemic. We’ve learned to adjust and re-invent routines over the past 20 months. On January 16, Angela Haig will look at what else we can do to cope well.
Service coordinators: Marian Siemens, Sarah Cummings
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Renewal? What if I’m just Hanging On?
January 16, 2022
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“We are a tired people, and it is hard for tired people to sit still and let the wisdom they need find them
Oriah Mountain Dreamer: The Call Discovering Why You Are Here
Save Myself by Ed Sheeran
55 Dark of Winter
Anam Cara by John Donohue
Open, by Steve Lennon
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention, and the support of this, our faith community.
213 There is a Wideness in your Mercy
Our Share the Plate partner for January is Wahbung Abinoonjiaag
Wahbung Abinoonjiaag’s programs are based on the wisdom of Elders, Caregivers and Professionals who worked in the field of family violence. The name itself when translated to the English language means, “Children of Tomorrow”. The programs are unique in their service delivery approaches which incorporate traditional teachings gifted to the people from the variety of indigenous nations’ ancestral heritages that exist on Turtle Island. These cultural aspects are reflective of the urban and rural First Nations communities found within Manitoba and were contributed to by those visitors from other territories who call the Winnipeg region home.
To donate via e-transfer/Interac use email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
Breathe Me – by Sia
Sabr Wa Imam by Summer Albavati
112 Do You Hear
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the video meditation.
Angela Haig: Renewal? What if I am just Hanging On?
126 Come Thou Font
Do Not Be Dismayed, by L.R. Knost
Carry the Flame
Lean on Me, Bill Withers
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Angela Haig
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens and Sarah Cummings
- Tech Team: Colleen Milikin, Lorie Battershill and Odell Havsdotter
- Candles of Caring Host: Barbara Fuller
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director and accompanist; the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org