Norm Cobb has been a long time member of our congregation, for over 30 years now. In this service Norm will reflect on how he developed a three year addiction about 20 years ago, after having been actively involved in the church, rebuilding a career after being a stay-at-home Dad for seven years, and while still being married and having two teenage daughters at home. Most importantly, Norm will focus on the ongoing work involved in recovery. As he says,
“In recovery, we never graduate. We have to fully grasp that our disease is a spiritual disease. Our only reprieve is continued spiritual growth. On the positive side, spiritual growth can be infinite. That realization keeps me humble.”
Service Coordinators: Steve Lennon, Paula Wachs
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Renewal Through Recovery
January 23, 2022
Regrets require the soft hands of compassion.
~ Francis Weller
Snowbird with Catherine MacLellan, Chris Gauthier, and the Blue Engine String Quartet
55 Dark of Winter
Words by John O’Donohue, from Anam Cara
by Philip Simmons, from Learning to Fall
Love is the Spirit
Candles of Caring
The journey of our lives has brought us this morning to this place, to be here together. What a miracle this is to share these moments and to be nourished by each other’s presence. May we approach this time with gratitude and hope. So may it be.
301Touch the Earth, Reach the Sky!
Our Share the Plate Partner for January is Wahbung Abinoonjiaag.
Great Spirit performed by the First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
1019 Everything Possible
Renewal Through Recovery Norm Cobb
183 The Wind of Change Forever Blown
Carry the Flame
Return Again performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Norm Cobb
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Team: Marjorie Doyle, Mel Leslie, Lorie B, Odell H.
- Candles of Caring Host: Cheryl Simmonds
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Editor: Josh Robern
- To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com