Our connections to water go well beyond needing it to sustain life. We also have a deep-seated animal, emotional and spiritual relationship with water. Come, sip, and reflect.
Note: There will not be a water ceremony at this service, as was originally planned.
Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
>> Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Reflection on Water
September 18, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
…the sea’s recitation reentering my head with questions it erases… Derek Walcott
Let It Shine! performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
51 Lady of the Seasons’ Laughter
Words from The Balance We Seek by Sharon Wylie, read by Steve Lennon
Learning to Love This World by Molly Housh Gordon, read by Marian Siemens
Love Is the Spirit
Sharing and Caring
We are glad once again that our life’s journey has brought us this morning to this place, to be here together and to listen to one another’s joys and sorrows and concerns. May we approach this time we share with gratitude and hope, and be nourished by each other’s presence. So may it be.
21 For the Beauty of the Earth
Words from Imagine Yourself… by Susan Enzweiler, read by Steve Lennon
Our Share the Plate partner for September is Safe Housing and Directed Empowerment (S.H.A.D.E.)
To the Light performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
94 What Is This Life
Reflections on Water, Steve Lennon
1064 Blue Boat Home
from Let Our Lives Be a Prayer by Joel Miller, read by Marian
Carry the Flame
Return Again, performed by the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Steve Lennon
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Cheryl Simmonds
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com