At this Thanksgiving service, Marian Siemens and Norm Cobb will be giving their reflections on gratitude, as we reflect on the seasons, our lives, and on Thanksgiving.
Coordinator: Norm Cobb
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Order of Service
Reflections on Thanksgiving
October 9, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Day breaks on our gratitude for family and friends. For the freedom to find our own truth. For the company of those gathered here. and the promises we offer one another.
Thanksgiving Song, Mary Chapin Carpenter
1052 The Oneness of Everything
“The Persistent Flame” by Amy Brooks
A Place of Belonging and Caring by Kimberlee Anee Tomeczak Carlson
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
We set aside this time of quiet to listen to the spirits of others, to create a space for them within our own hearts, that they might feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. Such is the gift of our hearts. So may it be.
317 We Are Not Our Own
“Thanksgiving Meditation” by Elizabeth M Strong
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
Our Share the Plate Partner for October is 1 Just City.
Ernesto Corozar Les Feuilles Mortes or Autumn Leaves
All too often we pace the geometries of our Walled Gardens by John Gibb Millspaugh
404 What Gifts Can We Bring
128 For All That is Our Lives
From Hymnal 687 by John W. Brighan
Carry the Flame
Resound Handbells We Gather Together
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Coordinators: Norm Cobb, Marians Siemens
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Barbara Fuller
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org