Meanderings on an everyday life as lived in Canada 2023 as a Unitarian Universalist and as a Canadian. Also as a sibling, an aunt, a widow, an apartment dweller living 16 plus floors up, with St. Boniface in the short distance and The Forks almost below me.
Service Coordinator: Octavia MacIsaac
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
The ending of a year is like closing a window. Even though it is shut,
fresh light will still shine through. Take a moment to reflect and look back,
but only for an instant, because new possibilities are just over the horizon.
Lullaby by John Leavitt
#83 Winds Be Still
The Ember of Hope, and Love Set Ablaze, by Lisa Doege, read by Janet Toews
Love Is the Spirit, music written by PJ Buchan
A New Year’s Story by Octavia MacIsaac
Sing and Rejoice
Singing the children to Religious Exploration
Sharing and Caring
#84 How Far Can Reach a Smile
A Winter Blessing by Rebecca Ann Parker, read by Janet Toews
Our Share the Plate Partner for December is Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba (MDAM). It is a self-help organization dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy for those living with mental health illnesses through peer support and other services.
The offering will be gratefully received, both right now, and continuing when our stream ends. To donate via e-transfer/Interac use email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge. You can also send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/give/
Noel Nouvelet, arranged by David Lanz (excerpt), performed by Daniel Clark
#86 Blessed Spirit of My Life
In between-ness, by Michelle LaGrave, read by Janet Toews
Janet will sound the singing bowl in Sanctuary, then again after two minutes’ silence.
Reflections of an Ordinary Life: Looking at the Past (2023), and to the Future (2024, and beyond), Janet Toews
#89 Come, My Way, My Truth, My Light
Changes Abound by Michelle Collins, read by Janet Toews
Carry the Flame
Transition for Breakout Rooms
Arthur Burstow (Zoom only)
Gratitude to all who helped make this service happen:
- Service Leader: Janet Toews
- Coordinator: Octavia MacIsaac
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Pastoral Care Coordinator: Andre Vanderstoep
- Music Director: Joseph Nguyen
- Religious Education: Ana Gabriela Castaneda Aguilera (Coordinator of Lifespan Religious Education), Paulina Hernandez (childcare provider), Debby Lake
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Simer Kaur, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Music for Affirmation: Composed by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up/Maintenance: Michael Thiessen
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Website Support: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershilll
To contact SunServ (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to help setting up on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.
Please refrain from taking photographs and making recordings during and after the service without the express permission of all people involved. Also, please turn off electronic devices during the service. Thank you.