Pride Week may be virtual this year, but that won’t stop us from celebrating the lives of queer people in Winnipeg and beyond!
Service Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
September 13, 2020
“You just need to take several seats
and then try to restore the peace
And control your urges to scream
about all the people you hate
‘Cause shade never made anybody less gay”
Taylor Swift, You Need to Calm Down
Hymn of the Month
299 Make Channels for the Streams of Love
“The Pride Flame” by Linda lee Franson
“Who You Are Enriches Us All” by the Reverend Monica Jacobson-Tennessen
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
The Day You Begin, written and narrated by Jacqueline Woodson
Candles of Caring
As we set aside this time for quiet, may we hear the heart-felt whisperings of our spirit, and also that of others. May those who share from their hearts today feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. May we all feel uplifted by words of comfort, and be supported by the presence of our caring community.
1023 How Could Anyone
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for September, receiving half of the collection taken each Sunday, is L.I.T.E. (Local Investment Toward Employment).
“On a Sunbeam” by Tillie Walden
“A Protest and a Party” by the Reverend Hannah Roberts Villnave
The sound of a singing bowl and two minutes of silence will follow the meditation.
Truly Brave sung by the San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus
the Reverend Meghann Robern
95 There is More Love Somewhere
“We Answer the Call of Love” by the Reverend Julia Corbett-Hemeyer
Carry the Flame sung by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Dylan Fijal, the Reverend Meghann Robern, Andrea James
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal Sunday Services Team
- Zoom Tech Host: the Reverend Meghann Robern, Tech Team
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Nicole McKay, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Kitana Degen, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor