Some of the earliest memories my children have is their annual participation in the ”Rainbow Parade” as they called it. They began in strollers. Unitarians have a long history of supporting the ever-evolving alphabet of LGBTQ2s* persons. But last year participation went from the “right thing for me to do” to something more personal as my now son came out as Trans. Declan will share his transition perspective by video as well.
Join the Service with Zoom
>> Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Pride and Parenting
July 10, 2022
>>>>> Join the service from this link
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
The truth in our hearts is our guide – we are answering the call of love…
~ Jason Shelton, 1014 adapted, Singing the Journey
When Our Heart Is in a Holy Place, performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
1019 Everything Possible
Living with Pride, by Lori Gorgas Hlaban, read by Norm Cobb
Wholeness, by Sharon Wylie, read by Rev. Brian Kiely
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
We set aside this time of quiet to listen to the spirits of others, to create a space for them within our own hearts, that they might feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. Such is the gift of our hearts. So may it be.
1012 When I Am Frightened
The Healing Time by Pesha Gertier, read by Rev. Brian
Our Share the Plate partner for July is Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
The Gift of Love, performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
words by John O’Donohue, read by Rev. Brian
1014 Answering the Call of Love
Pride and Parenting, Rev. Brian Kiely
1053 How Could Anyone
from Rainbow Blessing, by Cricket Hall, read by Rev. Kiely
Carry the Flame
Return Again, performed by the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Brian Kiely
- Coordinator: Norm Cobb, (Steve Lennon)
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Cheryl Simmonds
- Songleading Videos: P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, Winnipeg UU Church Choir
- Sanctuary chalice sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg logo designer: Nancy Gilbert
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com