Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
“Prayer is the contemplation of the facts of life from the highest point of view. Is not prayer a study of truth? A venture of the soul into the unfound infinite? No one ever prayed heartily without learning something.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Solace” by Scott Joplin
#123 “Spirit of Life”
“Many of the Past Generations and Many of Today,” by Sophia Lyon Fahs. adapted by Marian Siemens
“Let our lives be a prayer” by Joel Miller
That waters dry souls
Mends broken hearts
Refuses to be terrorized
Seeks this world’s beauty
And carries us through its storms.
Love Is The Spirit
“Amelia and Her Super Magical Powers” by Grace Sphar, read by Marian Siemens
#34 “Though I May Speak with Bravest Fire”
“Praying” by Mary Oliver, read by Rev Ren
It doesn’t have to be
the blue iris, it could be
weeds in a vacant lot, or a few
small stones; just
pay attention, then patch
a few words together and don’t try
to make them elaborate, this isn’t
a contest but the doorway
into thanks, and a silence in which
another voice may speak.
“Woyoya,” Lea Morris with the Silver Spring UUC
“Listening with the Heart” by Gary Kowalski
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving. You may use a donation envelope, which is located at the back of the grey hymnal, to receive a tax receipt for accumulated cash gifts over $10. Please ask an usher for details if you do not find an envelope.
“The Gift of Love” adapted by Hal Hopson, arr. By John Carter
“Prayer without Dogma” by Rev. Ren Rohe McFadyen
#118 “This Little Light of Mine”
“Prayer for Travellers” by Angela Herrera, read by Rev Ren
This is a prayer for all the travelers.
For the ones who start out in beauty,
who fall from grace,
who step gingerly,
looking for the way back.
And for those who are born into the margins,
who travel from one liminal space to another,
crossing boundaries in search of center.
This is a prayer for the ones whose births
are a passing from darkness to darkness,
who all their lives are drawn toward the light,
and keep moving,
and for those whose journeys
are a winding road that begins
and ends in the same place,
though only when the journey is completed
do they finally know where they are.
For all the travelers, young and old,
aching and joyful,
weary and full of life;
the ones who are here, and the ones who are not here;
the ones who are like you (and they’re all like you)
and the ones who are different (for in some ways, we each travel alone).
This is a prayer for traveling mercies,
for clear vision,
for your body and spirit,
for your safe arrival
and for everyone you see along the way.
“Carry the Flame”
“The Entertainer” by Scott Joplin
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Ren Rohe McFadyen
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Tech Host:, Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christian Swindells-Nader
- Music Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Music for Affirmation: written by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up and Maintenance: , Michael Thiessen, Jim Gardiner and others
- Hospitality:, Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershill
To contact the Sunday Services Team, please email email@example.com.