Dalip Shekhawat is a passionate meditator, ultra runner and mountaineer, and on May 16th 2019, while simultaneously raising funds for St. Amant Centre, Dalip summited Mt. Everest. Dalip believes spiritual seekers have a head start. Through a spiritual regime of reverence and connection with nature, Dalip meditated for years to visualize and experience the powerful atmosphere and consciousness of the Himalayas. He believes through the act of Meditation, we can silence our minds and bring changes in our internal values and ways of life. Dalip’s climb was not an attack on the mountain, but a pilgrimage, to feel oneness with nature and the entity that is Everest. But today, even Himalayan glaciers are facing environmental challenges and the effects of climate change are apparent on Mt. Everest, exacerbating avalanches and severe weather conditions. Join us as Dalip Shekhawat shares his spiritual journey of meditation and perseverance summiting Mt. Everest, and his message that by spreading love, peace, and living in harmony with nature, we can work towards solving the escalating climate crisis and create a healthier planet for our children.
- 65 The Sweet June Days
- 108 My Life Flows On in Endless Song
- 1068 Rising Green
- 311 Let It Be a Dance
Service Coordinator: M.C. Ziegler
All services are streamed via Zoom; connection details are below.
Connecting to the Service
Due to COVID-19, we are suspending in-person worship services and post-service activities; we will stream our services instead for the time being.
- NEW LINK! Connect online via Zoom.
- Our sibling congregation, Foothills UU, has put together a great page with a Zoom tutorial and advice about how to connect.
- Participate via phone (see below for phone numbers). When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; password is 676600
If you’re connecting to the Zoom system by phone and need a phone number outside Canada, find your local number here. Please note that Zoom no longer offers a Manitoba-based dial-in number. The Canada-based numbers are:
- 778 907 2071 (BC)
- 438 809 7799 (Montreal)
- 587 328 1099 (Alberta)
- 647 374 4685 (Toronto)
- 647 558 0588 (Toronto)
Pilgrimage to Mt. Everest
June 28, 2020
“We all have our own Everest to climb in life. There are challenges we go through. The big lesson I learned is not all the physical and mental limitations were real. Through self discipline and commitment, we all have the power to commit the impossible.”
— Dalip Shekhawat
GRATEFUL: A Love Song to the World | Empty Hands Music | nimo feat. daniel nahmod
65 The Sweet June Days
“Love Can Transform The World” by the Reverend Maureen Killoran
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
“Breakfast on the Beach” told by Lola Whonnock
Candles of Caring
As we gather in this sanctuary as people of faith, with the intention to care for each others’ needs with the gifts we each bring, may we listen to one another, and share each other’s journey, and may we be comforted, strengthened, and enriched.
108 My Life Flows On in Endless Song
Chomolungma, Goddess Mother of the World
1068 Rising Green
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for June is, receiving half of the collection taken each Sunday, is Main Street Project Winnipeg.
BEING KIND: The Music Video that Circle the World | Empty Hands Music | nimo
Hymn of the Month
311 Let It Be a Dance
“Blessed is the Path” by Eric Williams
Carry the Flame, performed by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
What a Wonderful World | Playing For Change | Song Around The World
Gratitude for our guest speaker, our staff, and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Dalip Shekhawat
- Coordinator: M.C. Ziegler, Sunday Services Team
- Story Wisdom: Lola Whonnock
- Zoom Tech Host: Dylan Fijal, Sunday Services Team
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Carol Lindsey, Lifespan Faith Development Assistant
- Candles of Caring Host: the Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor