It’s the time of the equinox, when the earth is balanced in both the northern and southern hemispheres. While it’s the fall equinox for us in Winnipeg, our southern neighbours are preparing for spring. Both things are true, yet there are two different experiences. What can this teach us about holding multiple truths at once for the caring of the community as a whole?
Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
One Light, One Sun
September 19, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
“Let us open our hearts to the complexity of our worlds. Let us make our own lives a sanctuary, to nurture our many identities.”
~ The Reverend Leslie Takahashi
Hymn 345 With Joy We Claim the Growing Light
“The Balance We Seek,” The Reverend Sharon Wylie
“The Great Teachers in Life,” The Reverend Jason Cook
Love Is The Spirit
“When the Wind Stops” by Charlotte Zolotow and Stefano Vitale
Candles of Caring
Let us find within ourselves that quiet place as we turn our hearts and minds to caring for each other. May we be responsive and supportive, and may we honour that which is entrusted to us with love and compassion. This is our ministry of listening.
Hymn 344 A Promise Through the Ages Rings
Share the Plate Testimonial
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
“Dark and Light, Light and Dark,” Jacqui James
Hymn 2004 One Light, One Sun
“Meditation on the Equinox,” The Reverend Thomas Rhodes
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Rev. Meghann Robern
Hymn 1064 Blue Boat Home
“Let Us Begin Again in Love,” The Reverend Lois Van Leer
Carry the Flame
The Mummer’s Dance (remix), Loreena McKennitt
Gratitude for our staff and lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern, Andrea James
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens
- Tech Team: Marjorie Doyle, Lara Hunter, Odell Havsdotter
- Candles of Caring Host: Bonnie Thiessen
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, former Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor