Octavia MacIsaac has said that sometimes she has felt judged by what was in her pocket, not by what was in her heart. Come and join her on November 12 for an exploration of giving without guilting ourselves over the dollar amount, and showing generosity without money.
Service Coordinators: Jill Moats and Dan LeDuc
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
“It takes generosity to discover the whole through others. If you realize you are only a violin, you can open yourself up to the world by playing your role in the concert.”
― Jean Yves Cousteau
We Give Thanks written by Wendy Louella Perkins, performed First UU Church Choir, directed by Joseph Nguyen
#402 From You I Receive
by Li Kynvi, read by Dan LeDuc
by James Morrison, read by Dan LeDuc
Love Is the Spirit, music written by PJ Buchan
Stella’s Gift, written and told by Octavia MacIsaac
Sing and Rejoice
Singing the children to RE
by Tara Brach, read by Dan LeDuc
Pastoral Reflection and Practice
Pastoral Hymn and Stone Dropping Ritual
#295 Sing Out Praises for the Journey
Share the Plate Partner Presentation
Sonya Bertoncello-May, Rainbow Resource Centre (via video)
Our Share the Plate Partner for November is Rainbow Resource Centre. It offers support to the 2SLGBTQ+ community in the form of counselling, education, and programming for individuals ranging from children through to 55+. It also supports families, friends, and employers of 2SLGBTQ+ individuals.
During the month of November, there will be a box in the foyer to collect donations for Rainbow Resource Centre. They need tampons, travel-sized toothpaste, travel-sized body wash, and travel-sized shampoo and conditioners.
The offering will be gratefully received, both right now, and continuing when our stream ends. To donate via e-transfer/Interac use email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge. You can also send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/give/
The Countess Cathleen (from Riverdance), written by Bill Whelan; arranged by Paul Hughes, performed by Daniel Clark
by Dr Wayne Dyer, read by Octavia MacIsaac
To Music by Betty Bertaux, performed First UU Church Choir, directed by Joseph Nguyen
More than Our Money: Every Gift Counts, by Octavia MacIsaac
#168 One More Step
Walk Softly by Elaine Gallagher Gehrmann, read by Jill Moats
Carry the Flame
Gratitude to all who helped make this service happen:
- Leader: Octavia MacIsaac
- Coordinators: Jill Moats and Dan LeDuc
- Coordinator Lifespan Religious Education (CLRE): Ana Gabriela Castaneda Aguilera
- Pastoral Care Coordinator: Andre Vanderstoep
- Music Director: Joseph Nguyen
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Simerjit Kaur, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Music for Affirmation: Composed by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up/Maintenance: Michael Thiessen
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Website Support: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershilll
To contact SunServ (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to help setting up on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.
We ask that you refrain from taking photos and making recordings during and after the service unless you have received express permission from all people involved. Please turn off all electronic devices during the service.