“Money, money, money. money … It’s a Drag,” according to Pink Floyd. Or is it? Come join us for an exploration of money and spirituality. Let’s reflect on, and challenge our beliefs about money and spirituality. We will examine our “wealth wounds”, “secrets” of true wealth, and charitable giving.
Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Money, Money, Money
May 22, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Often in our emotional, spiritual, and financial economy, the problem is that we adopt a view of scarcity rather than abundance. We fear we will not have enough money, insight, or even love to share with others.
~ Chris Seay
Come, Come, Whoever You Are, sung by Lynn Adair Ungar
121, We’ll Build a Land
Chalice Lighting and Opening Words
Read by Kelvin Seifert
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
~ William Penn
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
We set aside this time of quiet to listen to the spirits of others, to create a space for them within our own hearts, that they might feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. Such is the gift of our hearts. So may it be.
298, Wake Now My Senses
Our share-the-plate partner for May is Safe Housing and Directed Empowerment, Inc.
This Is the Sound of One Voice, by the Wailin’ Jennies
Listen: One Voice, by Kelvin Seifert
Money, Money, Money,… by Doug Wasyliw
108, My Life Flows on in Endless Song
If here you have found freedom, read by Doug Wasyliw
Kelvin Seifert, Here Comes the Sun, by George Harrison
Gratitude to all who made this service happen!
- Leader: Doug Wasyliw
- Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
- Tech Team: Melanie Leslie, Janet Toews, Lorie Battershill, Mel Leslie
- Sharing and Caring Host: Barbara Fuller
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org