In music we look for the interval between notes; in sculpture the light provides context and dimension. In mindfulness the space between thoughts is an opportunity. Clarity, patience, compassion, and a connection with the spirit can reside in this space.
Join us on March 6th as we explore the meditative element of “minding the gap.”
Service coordinators: Marian Siemens, Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
Connect to the service via Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Mind the Gap
March 6, 2022
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Between the stimulus and the response there is a space, and in this space is your power and your freedom.
~ Viktor Frankl
My Sweet Lord, performed by Billy Preston
402 From You I Receive
Words by Kathleen McTigue
Words by Wendy Bartel and Lynn Gardner
Love Is The Spirit
Sharing and Caring
We are each of us grateful for the celebrations and concerns to be shared with us today. May the strength we gain through this sharing help us create a feeling of hope and courage in the lives of those around us, and in our own lives. So may it be.
1052 The Oneness of Everything
Our Share the Plate Partner for March will be announced next Sunday.
- To donate via e-transfer/Interac, use email@example.com. In the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- Click here to donate through Canada Helps.
- Send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
- To see these options later, visit our Donate page.
When Our Heart Is in a Holy Place performed by the First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
Kaddish, Adapted by Julie Ann Silberman-Bun
The Thought Mirror, by Jon Kabat-Zinn, adapted by Cate Ziegler
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the video meditation.
175 We Celebrate the Web of Life
Mind the Gap, Cate Ziegler
The School Prayer by Diane Ackerman
Carry the Flame
Leave No Song Unsung, performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Cate Ziegler
- Coordinators: Marian Siemens, Steve Lennon
- Tech Team: Colleen Millikin, Melanie Leslie, Lori Lewis, Christina
- Sharing and Caring Host: Barbara Fuller
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Editor: Josh Robern
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org