Yes! We have made it through a ragged, snowy, cold winter all the way to the merry month of May. We can now put away the parkas and snow shovels and start thinking about things greening and growing. May Day – a time for change, a time for hope, and a time to reactivate our connection with the earth.
Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
May 1 Help You?
May 1, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
How do you talk to a tree? With sentences as broad as a year? Sudden storms of words. Squirrels as punctuation.
~ from TreeTalk by Ariel Gordon
Let It Shine! performed by First UU Wpg. Church Choir
368 Now Let Us Sing
words by Steve Lennon, read by Dylan Fijal
May 1 from Crows, Stones & Other Poems by Steve Lennon
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring, Paula Wachs
Let us come into this circle of caring, and listen to those who share their joys and sorrows with us. Let the healing power of this community reach out to them, and to each of us. Let loving kindness and joy pass through us, and bring us peace. So may it be.
63 Spring Has Now Unwrapped the Flowers
from Exultation: A Poem Cycle in Celebration of the Seasons, by Monza Naff, read by Dylan Fijal
Our Share the Plate Partner for May is the Minister’s Discretionary Fund.
To the Light performed by First UU Winnipeg Church Choir
from TreeTalk by Ariel Gordon, illustrated by Natalie Baird, read by Steve Lennon
21 For the Beauty of the Earth
May 1 Help You? Steve Lennon
163 For the Earth Forever Turning
from To Learn from Animal Being by John O’Donohue, read by Steve Lennon
Carry the Flame
Return Again performed by the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg Choir
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Steve Lennon
- Coordinator: Dylan Fijal
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Janet Toews
- Sharing and Caring Host: Paula Wachs
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Editor: Josh Robern
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org