Have you ever thought wildly about racing to the main floor bathroom as the church service ends on Sunday, potentially missing out on the closing and togetherness? What about how long the lineup is? Where are the downstairs bathrooms anyways? How do folks feel about the basement bathrooms being gender segregated? Have you ever felt unsafe going to the bathroom at church, or that you couldn’t, because of safety? Why is our main floor, accessible, all gender toilet doing triple time? What can be done? Join the A-Team and invited guests to talk about these questions and more, and hear about the importance of attending to our number 1s and 2s while at church, and how this is an accessibility, inclusion, and human rights issue that our community needs to continue to address.
Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Let’s Talk About Toilets
May 15, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
To be truly visionary we have to root our imagination in our concrete reality while simultaneously imagining possibilities beyond that reality.
~ Bell Hooks
Born That Way by Lady Gaga
298 Wake, Now My Senses
from This Simple Flame by Rev. Ray Drennan, read by Paula Keirstead
Words by Imani Barbarin, read by Janine Reid
Love Is the Spirit, music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
Let us be grateful for this time together as we listen to the celebrations and concerns shared with us today. May the strength we gain through this sharing help us create a feeling of hope and courage in the lives of those around us, and in our own lives. So may it be.
128 For All That Is Our Life
From Singing the Living Tradition 505, words by Thich Nhat Hanh, read by Steve Lennon
Our Share the Plate Partner for May is Safe Housing and Directed Empowerment, Inc., or S.H.A.D.E.
All of You Is Welcome Here by Annika Winberg
124 Be That Guide
Diane Pearce video
Shelly Rohe video
Ted Talk video by Ivan Coyote
1028 The Fire of Commitment
Words by Judy Heumann, read by Paula Keirstead
words by Hugh MacPherson, read by Paula Keirstead, then Carry the Flame
Music video: Just Pee (Where You Wanna Pee) by Kinky Boots
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leader: Ivan Coyote and Diane Pierce, Shelly Rohe, Paula Keirstead, and Janine Reid with the A-Team (Accessibility and Inclusion Ministry Team)
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble et al
- Sharing and Caring Host: Paula Wachs
- Songleading Videos: Paul Rodermond, (former) Acting Music Director and Accompanist, P.J. Buchan, (former) Music Director, Winnipeg UU Choir
- Editor: Josh Robern
To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com