All services are streamed via Zoom; connection details are below.
Change happens when citizens join together to take action. Lake Winnipeg Foundation Communications Director Marlo Campbell will provide an overview of the current threats to Lake Winnipeg’s health and share information about how LWF is translating science into solutions to protect our shared waters–and how you can get involved.
Challenges and Solutions
April 19, 2020
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Dr. Jane Goodall
Hymn of the Month
59 Almond Trees, Renewed In Bloom
“For The Web of Life“ by Paul Sprecher, read by Kitana Degen
“Earth Day in Covid-19” by M.C. Ziegler
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by PJ Buchan
Candles of Caring
As we set aside this time for quiet, may we hear the heart-felt whisperings of our spirit, and also that of others. May those who share from their hearts today feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. May we all feel uplifted by words of comfort, and be supported by the presence of our caring community.
I’m Gonna Walk It With You by Brain Clafin and Ellie Grace
“What the Caribou Taught Me About Being Together, and Apart” by Caroline Van Hemert, read by Peter Miller
128 For All That Is Our Life
“Another World” by Arundhati Roy, read by M.C. Ziegler
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to email@example.com; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for April, receiving half of the collection for the month fo April, is Climate Change Connection.
Marlo Campbell, Lake Winnipeg Foundation
1064 Blue Boat Home
- Thinking about raising your own vegetables and fruit this year? Consider getting a rain barrel or two to water your garden. Rain barrels reduce your use of treated municipal water for watering plants outside and reduce the strain on our storm sewers during heavy rain events. Our barrels are made from re-purposed food-grade containers. Accessories are also available. Delivery is now on Friday May 29. All proceeds will be used for new refugee sponsorships to reunite a family from Burundi. Please order by May 18 at http://rainbarrel.ca/uuwinnipeg. Questions? Email FriendsofRefuge@gmail.com Thank you!
- The Virtual UU Easter Egg Hunt is up until May 12! 85 UU congregations all over Canada and the US worked together to help the Easter Bunny make some deliveries – only these are all online! https://uuvirtualeasteregghunt2020beginning.blogspot.com/2020/03/welcome-to-hunt.html?m=1
- Zoom Connections
- Evening Vespers, Wednesdays, 7pm. Join us for this casual mid-week service of words and music, followed by the opportunity to connect and chat with other attendees.
- Drop-In Community Chat, Thursdays, 12:30-1:30pm. Everyone needs to eat lunch, so whether you’re still at a workplace or at home, Zoom allows for us to connect with others no matter the location. This is a drop-in conversation space with no topics and no agendas.
- All Zoom information, including for dialling in by phone, can be found on our Zoom Connections page on our website: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/connection/zoom-connections/
“Walk the Portal Lightly” by Arundhati Roy, read by Carolyn Garlich
Carry the Flame