The TV show Ted Lasso took the western world by storm last year, with its stories about kindness, caring, love, and compassion breaking through a media landscape subsumed by a monopoly of “grimdark”. Rev. Meghann will reflect on how this offering of human creativity bolstered her hope in the wake of unprecedented global suffering.
As always when discussing specific media, Rev. Meghann will provide context in the service for those who haven’t seen the show. Some clips will be shown; if you wish to watch season one before the service, AppleTV streaming offers a 7-day free trial.
Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Kindness Makes a Comeback
August 29, 2021
“For me, success is not about the wins and losses. It’s about helping these young fellas be the best versions of themselves on and off the field. And it ain’t always easy trying to, but neither is growing up without someone believing in you.”
~ Ted Lasso
Hymn 1031 Filled with Loving Kindness
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
Let us find within ourselves that quiet place as we turn our hearts and minds to caring for each other. May we be responsive and supportive, and may we honour that which is entrusted to us with love and compassion. This is our ministry of listening.
Hymn 1012 When I Am Frightened
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy.
Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Hymn 18 What Wondrous Love
Rev. Meghann Robern
1021 Lean on Me
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Rev. Meghann Robern, Andrea James (DLFD)
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Colleen Milikin, Marjorie Doyle, Janet Toews
- Chat Moderator: Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Esmat Elhami, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the SunServ Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org