Join us for our annual Flower Ceremony service as we look at the simple joy of beauty that inspired the creation of the first Unitarian Flower Ceremony.
Service coordinator: Dylan Fijal
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Beauty as well as Bread
June 6, 2021
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
~ John Keats
Spring (from The Four Seasons), by Vivaldi
#196 Singer of Life
Rev. Dr. Cynthia Landrum
Rev. Leslie Takahashi
Love Is The Spirit, music by PJ Buchan
“The First Flower Ceremony”, story by Janeen K. Grohsmeyer (adapted); images & video by Liza Earle-Centers, DLSE
Candles of Caring
Our Candle to Remember this month recognizes Norbert and Maria (Maya) Čapek. (To learn more about these Unitarian ancestors, see this month’s newsletter, page 5.)
Spirit of Life, help us to sense that beneath us is the strength we need to keep us grounded. Help us to feel that behind us is the protection we need to feel safe facing our fears. Help us to know that before us lies the beauty we seek to feel astounded. Help us become aware of the vastness of our sky and of our spirit, and help us to know that within our hearts lies the love we need to complete the circle of connection in our lives.
May we use all of our gifts to bring Love into this hurting world; this world which we so value, which we cherish.
#352 Find a Stillness
Share the Plate
Partner for June Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Garden Song, by Peter, Paul & Mary
“Beauty as well as bread”, by Emily DeTar Birt
#313 O What a Piece of Work Are We
“Beauty as well as bread”, by Rev. Lissa Anne Gundlach (adapted)
#305 De Colores
Words from the Navajo Nation
Carry the Flame
Keep It Alight, CUC National Choir
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leader: Andrea James, Director of Lifespan Faith Development
- Coordinator: Marian Siemens, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Ashlyn Noble & Marjorie Doyle, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Ashlyn Noble, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org