Join us the morning after the Winnipeg Folk Festival livestream to celebrate how its legacy has inspired our lives through music and community.
Hymns: 66 When the Summer Sun is Shining; Wayfaring Stranger; Will the Circle Be Unbroken; The Mary Ellen Carter
Service Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Will the Circle Be Unbroken?
July 12, 2020
“My friends, when you go from here know that our hearts are always in a holy place, for we are always connected to one another. Know that deep down, our hearts beat in one universal rhythm. May we each find the sacred space to hear it.” — the Reverend Israel Buffardi
Hymn of the Month
66 When the Summer Sun is Shining
Love Is The Spirit, words by James Vila Blake (adapted); music by P.J. Buchan
Candles of Caring
The journey of our lives has brought us this morning to this place, to be here, together. What a miracle this is to share these moments and to be nourished by each otherʼs presence. May we approach this time with gratitude and hope. So may it be.
Our online-only format is a morally sound response by our community to the current pandemic on our planet. This also means that we are emphasizing remote giving during our offering this morning:
- Donations can now be sent via e-transfer/Interac to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and if your donation is for the Sunday offering, your pledge, or our capital campaign.
- You may always mail cheques to the church!
- We are also using Canada Helps to receive online donations. Go to their website to donate in this way.
Our Share the Plate Partner for July and August, receiving half of the collection taken each Sunday, is Villa Rosa.
the Reverend Meghann Robern
Carry the Flame, performed by the First UU Winnipeg Choir
Transition to Connecting & Conversation Time
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Co-Leader: Rev. Meghann Robern, Minister
- Co-Leader and Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Zoom Tech Host: Mel Leslie
- Zoom Chat Moderator: Lise Desrochers
- Candles of Caring Host: Marlene Schellenberg, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor