The A Team is coordinating this service in acknowledgement of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on December 3, 2021. The service will focus on the twists and turns of the challenge in dealing with acquired disabilities. In relation to this the resilience and perseverance required on this journey will be depicted through a personal story. Join us!
Service coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Journey to Insight
December 5, 2021
Thank you for joining us! If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
As Canadian Unitarian Universalists, we aspire to be Radically Inclusive. We strive to create hospitable, diverse, multi-generational communities.
~ One of the five Canadian Unitarian Universalist Aspirations
9 No Longer Forward Nor Behind (set to Forest Green)
Janine Reid, words by Father Daniel Homan
Love Is The Spirit
Candles of Caring
To troubled hearts, to spirits over-brimming, we offer our ministry of listening. For stories that need to be told, we open our hearts and offer the care of our attention, and the support of this, our faith community. So may it be.
1053 How Could Anyone
Share the Plate Testimonial
Our Share the Plate partner for December is Sunshine House, a small community drop-in and resource centre, focusing on inclusion and harm reduction in Winnipeg’s core area. They provide meals, laundry and bathing facilities, harm reduction supplies like syringes and condoms, and a meeting place where people exploring gender and/or sexual identity can gather.
Thank you for supporting the church with your funds, time, talent and energy. Direct deposit or post-dated cheques simplify giving.
Life’s Too Short To Be Silent, performed by First UU Winnipeg Choir
“Ableism,” Paula Keirstead
Steve Lennon, words from “A Healing Definition,” by the AIM Team
The sound of the bell and two minutes of silence will follow the spoken meditation.
Paula Keirstead, words by Julie Rennie
299 Make Channels for the Streams of Love
“Journey to Insight,” Doreen Stroud
1014 Answering the Call of Love
Rev. Meghann Robern, words by Jean M. Rickard
Janine Reid, words by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Doreen Stroud & our AIM (Accessibility and Inclusion Ministry) Team
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team: Colleen Millikin, Rev. Meghann Robern
- Candles of Caring Host: Colleen Millikin
- Songleader Videos: Paul Rodermond, Acting Music Director/accompanist; PJ Buchan, past Music Director; and the FUUW Choir; Josh Robern, editor
- To contact the Sunday Services Team please email email@example.com