During this service, we will delve into the concept of “time”, looking at it from a variety of perspectives: cultural, scientific, philosophical, religious, and spiritual. What does “time” mean to you? Come join us and we will explore this question together.
Service Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
Order of Service
I accept Time absolutely.
It alone is without flaw,
It alone rounds and completes all,
That mystic baffling wonder.
from “Leaves of Grass” by Walt Whitman
“Piano Blues #1,” by Aaron Copland, played by Daniel Clark
#43, The Morning Noiseless
Chalice Lighting and Opening Words
Love Is the Spirit
Special Candle of Caring
Sharing and Caring
As we set aside this time for quiet, may we hear the heart-felt whisperings of our spirit, and also that of others. May those who share from their hearts today feel the power of our attention and the strength of our love. May we all feel uplifted by words of comfort, and be supported by the presence of our caring community.
#324, Where My Free Spirit Onward Leads
“The Seed” by Jill Moats
#90, From all the Fret and Fever of the Day
Our share-the-plate partner for this month is Sunshine House.
“Time after Time,” by Jule Styne & Sammy Cahn, performed by Daniel Clark
The Elusive Moment, read by Kelvin Seifert
“It’s About Time,” by Jill Moats.
#350, The Ceaseless Flow of Endless Time
“A Morning Offering,” by John O’Donohue.
Carry the Flame
Gratitude to all who made this service happen!
- Leader: Jill Moats
- Coordinator: Kelvin Seifert
- Tech Team: Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Sharing and Caring Host: Barbara Fuller
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- First UU Church of Winnipeg chalice logo: Nancy Gilbert
- Webmaster: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershill
- To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email firstname.lastname@example.org