To say hello is to be open to the new and to the unknown – a new friend, a new colleague, a new way of looking at something. Saying goodbye often means letting go, saying farewell to a loved one, a lifestyle, or an idea that has lived its time out, and looking to trust in the future. In this service we’ll be releasing our student minister, Nicole McKay, to the next stage of her formation, welcoming new members into our covenant, and exploring how a sustainable community moves through hellos, goodbyes, and hellos once again.
Service Coordinator: Steve Lennon
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Hello, Goodbye, Hello
April 25, 2021
“At any time, you can ask yourself: at which threshold am I now?… At this time in my life, what am I leaving? Where am I about to enter?”
– John O’Donohue
404 What Gift Can We Bring
Love is the Spirit
Release from Covenant
Rev. Meghann Robern, Nicole McKay, and Steve Lennon
Candles of Caring
We set aside this space to honour the human journey with all its peaks and valleys, and the paths in between.
Let us fill this room, this time, with warmth and love as we listen to the heart-felt sharing of fellow travellers in our caring community.
For Harry Peters
402 From You I Receive
Excerpts from The Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
Rev. Meghann Robern
New Member Ceremony
Rev. Meghann Robern, Andrea James, & Steve Lennon
175 We Celebrate the Web of Life
Carry the Flame
Gratitude for our staff and our lay leaders who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Rev. Meghann Robern, Nicole McKay, Andrea James
- Coordinator: Steve Lennon, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Hosts: Ashlyn Noble and Lauren Bailey, Tech Team
- Chat Moderator: Lauren Bailey, Tech Team
- Candles of Caring Host: Ashlyn Noble, Pastoral Care Team
- Songleader Videos: PJ Buchan, Music Director, and the FUUW Choir; Paul Rodermond, accompanist; Josh Robern, editor
To contact the Sunday Services Team please email firstname.lastname@example.org.