We live in a death-phobic and grief-avoidant society, which tells us that healthy grieving is grieving that doesn’t make other people uncomfortable. It shouldn’t last too long and, if it does, you are doing it wrong.
In this service, Angela Haig exposes this line of thought for the fiction that it is, and then begins the discussion of what healthy grief really is, and what it looks like.
Service Coordinator: Marian Siemens
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to email@example.com and your congregational announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page.
Order of Service:
November 6, 2022
Thank you for joining us this morning!
If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Grief is not a disorder, a disease, or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical and spiritual necessity; the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve.”
~ Dr. Earl A. Grollman
Iz Kamaka wiwo’ole, “Over the Rainbow”
1052 “The Oneness of Everything”
Florence Caplow, All Souls Chalice Lighting
Andrew Pakula, “Come into this Circle of Community, Come Into this Sacred Space”
“Love Is the Spirit,” music by P.J. Buchan
Sharing and Caring
Let us come into this circle of caring, and listen to those who share their joys and sorrows with us. Let the healing power of this community reach out to them, and to each of us. Let loving kindness and joy pass through us, and bring us peace. So may it be.
306 “Sing of Living of Dying”
The Bengsons, “Oh My Love”
Our Share the Plate Partner for November is Resource Assistance for Youth.
UU Winnipeg Choir, “To the Light”
By John Green, read by Angela Haig
354 We Laugh We Cry
Healthy Grieving, Angela Haig
1057 “Go Lifted Up”
Joel Miller, “In the Rising Sun Today”
“Carry the Flame”
Holly Cole “I Can See Clearly Now”
Gratitude to all who made this service happen:
- Leaders: Angela Haig
- Coordinator:, Sunday Services Team
- Tech Team;, Ashlyn Noble, Arthur Burstow
- Candles of Caring Host: Barbara Fuller
- To contact Sunserv (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com