Have you thought about how your relationships have been expressed or changed through giving and receiving, and about the attentions required? Giving gifts, or receiving them ourselves can be amazing or weird, but surprising and meaningful in wonderful ways. We make choices and decisions about who we give to, and what we give. Come join Ana Castaneda and the RE Team in this familiar all-ages service.
Service Coordinator: Norm Cobb
Join the Service with Zoom
- Participate via phone by dialing the Manitoba phone number 204 272 7920 or one of the numbers listed on our Connections page. When prompted, enter Meeting ID # 968 8339 7324; if you are asked for a password it’s 676600 .
- Please submit your Candles of Caring to firstname.lastname@example.org and your congregational announcements to email@example.com before 9:00 am each Sunday morning.
- More information about joining this and other services can be found on our Connections page
- If you’re visiting today, please fill out this Visitor Form so we can help you feel connected to our community.
Order of Service
“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.””
― Kahlil Gibran
Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel, French processional, setting by John Leavitt, performed by Daniel Clark
Maxine Hébert Malo and Louis
#16 ‘Tis a Gift to Be Simple
Chalice Lighting and Opening Words
Oona, Maxine Hébert Malo and Louis
Love Is the Spirit, music written by PJ Buchan
Mitten Tree and Stone Dropping Ritual
Poem read by Adriane
#226 People, Look East, French carol, setting by John Leavitt, performed by Daniel Clark
The Gift of the Magi, by O. Henry, introduced and performed by Julia, Dan and Aspen
Our Share the Plate Partner for December is Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba (MDAM). It is a self-help organization dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy for those living with mental health illnesses through peer support and other services.
The offering will be gratefully received, both right now, and continuing when our stream ends. To donate via e-transfer/Interac use firstname.lastname@example.org; in the note, you MUST include your name and whether your donation is for the Sunday offering or your pledge. You can also send a cheque by mail to the church at First UU Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cr. Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7
To see these options later, click here: https://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/stewardship/give/
The Holly and the Ivy, arranged by Noel Rawsthorne, performed by Daniel Clark
Nuttin’ for Christmas, performed by Debby Lake and Oona
Introduction of small group discussion
Wrap-up of small group discussion
#205 Amazing Grace
from by Kahlil Gibran, read by Ian
Carry the Flame
Transition for Breakout Rooms
Arthur Burstow (Zoom only)
Gratitude to all who helped make this service happen:
- Service Leaders and Planners: Ana Gabriela Castañeda Aguilera, Emily Muller, Debby Lake, Maxine Hébert Malo, and many children and youth
- Coordinator: Debby Lake
- Pastoral Care Coordinator: Andre Vanderstoep
- Music Director: Joseph Nguyen
- Accompanist: Daniel Clark
- Coordinator of Lifespan Religious Education (CLRE):: Ana Gabriela Castaneda Aguilera
- Tech Team: Arthur Burstow, Simer Kaur, Ashlyn Noble, Christina Swindells-Nader
- Music for Affirmation: Composed by P.J. Buchan
- Ushers: Krishna Nimmagadda, Norm Cobb, Jim Gardiner, and others
- Greeter: Paula Keirstead
- Set Up/Maintenance: Michael Thiessen
- Hospitality: Shar Lynn, Adina Lyon, Cheryl Simmonds, and others
- Chalice Sculptor: Jo’Anne Kelly
- Chalice Logo Designer: Nancy Gilbert
- Website Support: Karin Carlson
- Communicator Editor: Marjorie Doyle
- All-Church Email Bulletin: Lorie Battershilll
To contact SunServ (Sunday Services Team), please email email@example.com
Want to help setting up on Sunday mornings? Please contact Norm Cobb or Jim Gardiner.
Please refrain from taking photographs and making recordings during and after the service without the express permission of all people involved. Also, please turn off electronic devices during the service. Thank you.